Effective Leadership Academy (ELA) is an educational non-profit that partners with schools and youth serving community partners providing students and educators with a rigorous curriculum for 21st Century Skills development, reinforcing essential social and emotional and work force development skills. ELA has grown from partnering with 3 schools in 2008, to developing relationships with over 220 school/community organizations and impacting over 41,000 students.
This is an exciting time to join our growing team as we have recently expanded beyond Ohio and predict continued growth.
The Lead Facilitator and CMSD Coordinator is a trained Effective Leadership Academy (ELA) team member whose primary function is to facilitate all ELA programs.
In addition, to program facilitation, this role will also take the lead in building and managing client relationships within the Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD) to maintain and grow strong working partnerships. This will involve the coordination of existing programs while working strategically to continue to expand those existing relationships/contracts and grow new partnerships within the District to ensure that ELA remain fiscally strong.
- Responsible for delivery and facilitation all of ELA programs; CLUB LEAD, CAMP LEAD, Transitions, LEAD’s, Chamber, and other key ELA programming, delivered both in-person and virtually online.
- ~Program delivery typically averages 50% of weekly schedule and at times can be up to 75%.
- Deliver programs employing ELA divergent learning pedagogy, serving as “guide on the side,” to enable students to construct meaning from their experiences.
- Manage the classroom and participants during training by tracking attendance, addressing inappropriate behavior, and documenting performance, both strengths and development needs.
- Administer the pre/post assessments and develop program impact reports.
- Form relationships with students and build community and rapport, motivating and inspiring them, giving them confidence to make positive choices in their lives for success in school and beyond.
- Maintain positive relationship with students, teachers, school administration, and depending on the program, parents and/or community members.
- Maintain open communication to report any potential and/or current issues with ELA Director of Operations.
- Responsible for all administrative tasks related to program/program preparation, including
preparation of program materials/program review/updating PowerPoints to adjust for time and
- Maximize and grow existing client relationships within CMSD through maintained contact, including follow-through after programming to walk them through the program impact report, highlighting student growth and areas for continued support.
- Work with existing CMSD schools to secure and expand additional contracts by designing programming plans that meet their student’s needs, while expanding upon our current work within their district/organization.
- Remain current on CMSD initiatives and partnerships
- Create and implement a plan to build new partnerships and secure new contracts within CMSD
- Participate in ELA training and professional development.
- Attend all ELA staff meetings.
- Work collaboratively and bring a positive mindset to teamwork.
- Creatively problem-solve and bring new ideas for efficiency and growth.
- Collaborate with ELA staff on a variety of daily administrative tasks and special projects.
The Full-time Facilitator position will be 40 hours per week. Hours generally fall within the 8am – 4pm or timeframe, Monday - Friday. Flexibility within these 40 hours a week will be needed at times. This includes adjusting schedules occasionally to work on programming that begins before 8am or ends after 5pm, as well as flexibility to work an occasional evening or weekend due to programming needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or associated field, Master’s Degree preferred
- Committed passion to making a difference in the lives of youth
- Experience working with diverse populations of youth
- Experience teaching programs both in-person and virtually preferred
- Strong skills in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and email
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Team player and strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High energy and positive mental attitude
- Ability to think on feet and adapt to changing situations
- Maintains confidentiality of all student information
- Adheres to the ELA curriculum with fidelity, as well as all copyright and trademark issues
- Desire to grow within an organization is preferred