Effective Leadership Academy (ELA) is an educational non-profit that partners with schools and youth serving community partners providing students and educators with a rigorous curriculum for 21st Century Skills development, reinforcing essential social and emotional and work force development skills. ELA has grown from partnering with 3 schools in 2008, to developing relationships with over 220 school/community organizations and impacting over 41,000 students.
This is an exciting time to join our growing team as we have recently expanded beyond Ohio and predict continued growth.
The Afterschool Program Facilitator is a trained Effective Leadership Academy (ELA) team member whose primary function is to facilitate specific afterschool ELA programs, within Lorain County schools, to serve the mission of helping young people develop their most valuable asset – themselves.
The Program Facilitator serves as the “face” of ELA and will have an opportunity to develop and build strong working relationships with our school and community partners, which helps our organization maintain and expand existing school partnerships to ensure that ELA remain fiscally strong.
- Responsible for delivery and facilitation of specific ELA programs for our partnership with Big Brothers Big Sisters Lorain County (BBBSLC)
- ~Programs are developed by ELA and include BBBSLC Big Futures Program for high school students at 5 public high schools in Lorain County and ELA developed programming to support BBBSLC programming with their Bigs/Littles
- Deliver programs employing ELA divergent learning pedagogy, serving as “guide on the side,” to enable
students to construct meaning from their experiences.
- Manage the classroom and participants during training by tracking attendance, addressing inappropriate
behavior, and documenting performance, both strengths and development needs.
- Administer the pre/post assessments and develop program impact reports.
- Build rapport with students, motivating and inspiring them, giving them confidence to make positive choices in their lives for success in school and beyond.
- Maintain positive relationship with students, teachers, school and program administration
- Maintain open communication to report any potential and/or current issues with ELA Director of Operations.
- Responsible for all administrative tasks related to program/program preparation, including preparation of
program materials/program review/updating PowerPoints to adjust for time and school language.
- Participate in ELA training and professional development related to this role and the assigned programs
- Attend occasional ELA staff meetings (virtually).
- Creatively problem-solve and bring new ideas for efficiency and growth.
2 –days/week afterschool (2 – 5pm), Tuesday & Thursday, during the school year
The Afterschool Program Facilitator is an hourly part-time role with an established schedule of 2 afterschool programs/week during the school year. The days and specific hours will be based on the assigned programs (no programming on Fridays or weekends).
After initial training and onboarding, a typical week will include the following paid hours:
- 2 hours of administration time (email, reviewing & preparing for programming, compiling pre/post data)
- 2 hours of travel, this includes 1 hour travel time per school site (includes travel to/from school)
- 5 hours of program facilitation
- ~Two (2) programs per week
- ~2.5 hours at each program, which includes the following:
- ~~30 minutes to check in at school site and set up
- ~~90-minutes for program facilitation
- ~~30-minutes to pack up and sign out
A candidate must be available Tuesday and Thursday afternoons during the hours of 2-5pm.
- Associates degree in education or associated field, or equivalent experience
- At least 2-3 years’ experience working with diverse populations of students, middle and high school experience preferred.
- Committed passion to making a difference in the lives of youth.
- Strong time management skills and ability to handle a variable schedule.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- High energy and positive mental attitude.
- Access to stable Wi-Fi, a computer with Zoom and PowerPoint
- Maintains confidentiality of all student information.
- Adheres to the ELA curriculum with fidelity, as well as all copyright and trademark issues.