Effective Leadership Academy (ELA) is an educational non-profit that partners with schools and youth serving community partners providing students and educators with a rigorous curriculum for 21st Century Skills development, reinforcing essential social and emotional and work force development skills. ELA has grown from partnering with 3 schools in 2008, to developing relationships with over 220 school/community organizations and impacting over 41,000 students.
This is an exciting time to join our growing team as we have recently expanded beyond Ohio and predict continued growth.
The Program Facilitator is a trained Effective Leadership Academy (ELA) team member whose primary function is to facilitate ELA programs to serve the mission of helping young people develop their most valuable asset – themselves.
The Program Facilitator serves as the “face” of ELA and will have an opportunity to develop and build strong working relationships with our school partners, which helps our organization maintain and expand existing school partnerships to ensure that ELA remain fiscally strong.
- Responsible for delivery and facilitation of all ELA programs; Club Lead, Camp Lead, Transitions, LEADS, Chamber Leadership Academy, and other key ELA programming, delivered both in-person and virtually online.
- ~Program delivery typically averages 70% of weekly scheduled and at times can be up to 90%.
- Deliver programs employing ELA divergent learning pedagogy, serving as “guide on the side,” to enable students to construct meaning from their experiences.
- Manage the classroom and participants during training by tracking attendance, addressing inappropriate behavior, and documenting performance, both strengths and development needs.
- Administer the pre/post assessments and develop program impact reports.
- Form relationships with students and build community and rapport, motivating and inspiring them, giving them confidence to make positive choices in their lives for success in school and beyond.
- Maintain positive relationship with students, teachers, school administration, and depending on the program, parents and/or community members.
- Maintain open communication to report any potential and/or current issues with ELA Director of Operations.
- Responsible for all administrative tasks related to program/program preparation, including
preparation of program materials/program review/updating PowerPoints to adjust for time and
- Participate in ELA training and professional development.
- Attend all ELA staff meetings.
- Work collaboratively and bring a positive mindset to teamwork.
- Creatively problem-solve and bring new ideas for efficiency and growth.
- Collaborate with ELA staff on a variety of daily administrative tasks and special projects.
The Program Facilitator role is 40 hours per week. Hours are flexible within the span of 7am – 6pm, depending on the school and afterschool partners we are programming with. When not facilitating programming, hours are 8am – 4pm. Flexibility within the week is needed and may mean working some 10-hour days then, taking off early or starting late on another day that week to adjust for a 40-hour a week schedule. Schedules are always made in advance, based on the schools that ELA is partnering with.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or associated field
- 1-2 year's experience working with diverse populations of youth
- Committed passion to making a difference in the lives of youth
- Experience teaching programs both in-person and virtually preferred
- Strong skills in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and email
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Team player and strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High energy and positive mental attitude
- Ability to think on feet and adapt to changing situations
- Maintains confidentiality of all student information
- Adheres to the ELA curriculum with fidelity, as well as all copyright and trademark issues
- Desire to grow within an organization is preferred